Customized Solutions Through Technology
For us, technology enables innovation and drives business solutions. Over the years, we have developed software solutions to help our clients solve small or large transportation issues. We invest in these technologies so that we can offer them to all of our clients as part of a suite of technology services.
Our technology is unique, proprietary and developed in-house. Unlike many competitors, we do not ask our clients to fit into the “cookie-cutter” technology solution that we have developed. Instead, we examine our clients' challenges and provide to them solutions that we invest in and roll out across all clients we service.
40% of all technology that we deploy is customized to our clients' specific requirements. Examples of our customized technological solutions are outlined below.
Our industry leading Executive Dashboard provides activity costing data by consumer, region or SKU to our customers in real-time. The dashboard allows them to understand, at a glance, the performance of their entire transportation network and, at the same time, discover the cost per case for one specific order. It is very powerful.
- Proprietary windows based transportation management software
- Transportation management
- Carrier management
- Rate audit
- Management reporting
SuperSearch® Track & Trace
- On-line shipment track & trace service
- Proprietary Internet track & trace service
- All modes and carriers
- Monitor shipment status 7 days per week, 24 hours per day
- 6 digit security password assigned to each customer
SuperSearch® On-line Inventory Management Service
- On-line inventory management service
- Proprietary Internet service
- Designed to customer specification in conjunction with warehouse pick and pack operations
- Document creation to reduce need for internal systems
- Bill of Ladings & packing slips
- Customs documents
- Commercial invoice documents
- Document storage & retrieval
- As back-up for transportation or distribution centre operations
- For claims and O.S.&D. purposes
- For Sarbanes Oxley auditing
- An application for shippers that eliminates paperwork errors
- Provides complete line of sight on all shipment documentation (SKU Level)
- Utilizes Standard BOL & CCI Document formats
- EDI Integration with Customs Brokers and Warehouse Management Systems
- Manages Door pressure
- Provides a complete line of site of all inbound and outbound shipments
- On-Line Document retrieval
- Hot Load management
- Robust performance reporting
- Resource planning and scheduling
Automated Trip Optimizer (ATO)
- The purpose of the system is to allow the users to select variables and use those variables to auto build the trips and save them to the database, so that it can be accessed from with TDS.
- The system will speed up the process of building trips and grouping the geographically favorable orders together based on time windows, LTL and TL rating as well as freight details of each order.
- The system is capable of recognizing any orders that belong together creating a trip which is geographically feasible as well as which would create cost savings when sent together on the same truck rather than sending them LTL
- Build efficient loads, dispatch over the most direct routes, to save fuel and driver time, maintain timely delivery of goods & achieve the overall lowest cost per unit
- Supports multi-client co-mingling opportunities
- Receive, enter orders electronically (EDI, web)
- Match customer requirements to carrier specialties
- Automate load consolidation planning
- Prioritize carriers for automatic load tender
- Online Carrier Portal for accepting/rejecting and updating progress of loads
- Monitor loads en route
- Expedite settlements with contract carriers, customers
Lakeside has set up several Internet-based systems to provide real time services to its customers and suppliers – services like virtual warehousing, online carrier audits and e-commerce. Our dependence on technology calls for fail-safe systems to ensure continuous operations. At Lakeside, we have implemented a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan to keep our operations running so our customer's supply chains will continue to operate smoothly. And most important, the Lakeside team knows what to do. They are ready to take the necessary actions to keep the business running and honour commitments to customers.
“As I like to say, we're never in the dark with Lakeside. In combination with Lakeside, we are able to accommodate our customers in the event of a regional disaster. Lakeside's comprehensive business continuity system allows us to stay in contact and keep the supply chain running."
Peter McPherson, Transportation Manager, Ciba Specialty Chemicals
"It was the ultimate in customer service - to have Lakeside up and running during the power outage. Our first concern was our customers in Canada. Lakeside was able to keep our product moving without interruption! Their response to business continuity was unprecedented! We had continuous telephone and EDI contact with Lakeside straight through the blackout."
Doug Ward, Manager, Inbound Transportation, Ocean Spray Comment after 2003 Power Outage in northeastern U.S. and southern Ontario
Ideal Transportation Department
Learn about how to create the Ideal Transportation Department in your business.Learn More
Our solution to creating a sustainable solution with Transportation.Learn More
Don't just listen to us. Learn about Lakeside from the perspective of some of our valued customers.Learn More
View links to some of our valued partners that help us delivery the Ideal Transportation Department to our customers.Learn More